At CRS Plastic Surgery, we are ready to accommodate patients from out of town. Our office is conveniently located 20 minutes from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 40 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).
You can email us directly or fill out our contact form with the exact dates that work for you, along with the desired changes and affected areas. We recommend to all of our out-of-town patients to have a telephone/video consult first. If you are able to fly in for a consultation, our team will make you a priority, accommodating our schedule to fit your needs. You will meet with Dr. Low or Dr. Cheung and our Patient Care Coordinator, where a package will be created for your specific changes, including pricing and required medical clearances.
The CRS Plastic Surgery team is familiar with local hotels and we are happy to assist you in making those arrangements.
Our doctors suggest arriving at least one day before surgery. This will allow you to have a face-to-face conversation with the Dr. Low or Dr. Cheung and their staff. During that time, it is important to address any questions or concerns you may have about the procedure. This also allows you time to settle in and most importantly, relax.
Timelines to Consider
When considering how long you are staying in Fort Lauderdale, it is good to not only consider the consultation and surgery dates but also the recovery. This is a very exciting moment in one’s life and it is enjoyed even more when planned correctly. This allows for a safe and healthy recovery with as little stress as possible. During your consultation, we will discuss with you, your recovery, your follow-up dates, and when it will be safe to travel back home.
We are excited and pleased that you have chosen CRS Plastic Surgery. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Now that you have secured your surgical date:
CRS Plastic Surgery and The Surgery Center of Fort Lauderdale require that you have someone bring you to and from visits, and more importantly, stay with you overnight after your procedure. If you do not have someone to drive and/or stay with you, arrangements must be made. Please advise us prior to booking your travel and accommodations, so we may assist.
You will be expected to obtain medical clearance from your physician or an urgent care facility in your state. Once you have secured your surgical date, our surgical coordinator will email you the testing orders. The surgical coordinator will be your navigator in this process assisting you with any surgical questions you may have, providing you with preparatory instructions, and facilitating the receipt of clearances in a timely fashion for review prior to your surgery. It will be your responsibility to obtain clearance testing and provide our surgical coordinator with the name, fax, and phone number of where you went to obtain your clearance. Additionally, it is imperative to:
- Refrain from any Aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, or blood thinning products such as Advil, Ibuprofen, Midol, Excedrin, Alka-Seltzer, or Aleve 5- 10 days prior to your scheduled surgery. If you are on an Aspirin regimen or other blood thinners prescribed by your personal physician, check with him/her for approval to discontinue the regimen.
- Stop any holistic herbs or supplements 7-10 days prior to your surgery.
- Cease smoking (including marijuana, vape pen, or CBD) at least 6 weeks prior to your surgery and 3 weeks after your procedure. Smoking hinders healing and can cause wound breakdowns.
PRE-OPERATIVE REGISTRATION WITH SURGERY CENTER:
You may be emailed a link in order to complete an online patient medical passport prior to your scheduled surgery in accordance with The Surgical Center’s requirements. This may be done in the comfort of your home.
- If you do not receive an email, you may access the passport by clicking this link: https://www.sc-fortlauderdale.com/
- Select PRE-ASSESMENT FORM.
- Please complete your medical passport at least 3 days prior to your surgery.
** At this time, The Surgery Center of Fort Lauderdale also requires that all patients obtain a negative PCR Covid Test no older than 4 days. If you plan to have yourself tested at The Surgery Center, it is advisable you fly in 4 days before your surgical procedure. The Surgery Center of Fort Lauderdale does Covid Testing Monday- Friday 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
PRE-OPERATIVE CONSULT/ IN-PERSON VISIT:
You should plan to fly in to Fort Lauderdale no later than 1 full day prior to your procedure if all your pre-surgical requirements have been completed. During your pre-operative office appointment, you will meet your surgeon in person to go over your procedure in detail, make additions or adjustments to your surgical plan, and address any concerns. This is known as your pre-operative visit.
- Your surgical clearance will be reviewed and sent to The Surgical Center.
- Before photos will be taken to document your case.
- Your surgeon will go over your procedure(s) in great detail at this time; if you have prepared questions, this is when they will be addressed.
- Implants (if your procedure calls for it) will be ordered.
- Prescriptions for medications will be provided. These will need to be filled prior to your surgery date.
- Your post-operative instructions and copies of signed consents (upon request) will be provided at this time.
- Payment will be collected.
- You will be given a post-surgical appointment. You will be required to see your surgeon the day following your procedure.
The Day of Your Surgery:
The day has come that you have been preparing for. Here are some of the things you may expect:
- Arrive at the Surgery Center 1 hour prior to your scheduled surgery. Due to current Covid restrictions, you will have to be dropped off, as visitors are not permitted to wait inside.
- Once you are called back, nurses/medical assistants will take your vitals, help you change your clothes, and prepare your IV (if required).
- You will meet with your surgeon. He will audit consents and review your procedure(s) with you. He may mark your body if your procedure calls for it.
- The Anesthesiologist will ask you a series of important questions necessary for him/her to decide the type of anesthesia you are best suited for.
- You will be taken to the surgical suite.
- Once the procedure is complete, you will be transported to the recovery area.
- Your surgeon will call the person you listed on your intake forms to inform him/her of your post-surgical status.
- Your ride will be called and given and estimate on what time to pick you up.
After your Surgery:
- You will come to the office the day after your procedure. This is to check the overall appearance of the surgical incisions, check the drain output (if any), make dressing changes if needed, and meet with your surgeon once again to address any questions you may have thought of throughout your first post-surgical night.
- Plan for one more in-person office visit prior to your return home.
- You will be scheduled for several Video Chat follow-ups with your surgeon for the first 1-2 months.
- You will be asked to send 6 week post-operative photos to be taken in the same manner you took your pre-video chat photos. You may send those to [email protected]
- If you love your results, share your story on one of our review sites! Share Your Experience: https://www.reviewapp.io/client/review_landing?id=5b1ea50af93f3567f42ecae6
Helpful information for our out-of-town patients:
Thank you for choosing CRS Plastic Surgery in sunny Fort Lauderdale for your upcoming cosmetic procedure. Now is the time to begin preparations for your upcoming visit to Florida. Below is a list of airports, transportation options, and nearby hotels available in the area, all designed to make your visit to our office and stay in Florida a seamless experience.
LAUDERDALE AIRPORT, FLORIDA
320 Terminal Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
The Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) is perfectly situated in the heart of Broward County just minutes from the Fort Lauderdale Beach and 15 minutes from our office.
MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
2100 NW 42nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33142
Phone: (305) 876-7000
Miami International Airport (MIA) is the largest U.S. gateway for Latin America and the Caribbean and is one of the leading international airports in the world. It’s a short 35-minute drive to CRS Plastic Surgery
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport:
Miami International Airport
Hotels Near CRS Plastic Surgery:
- GALLERYone Hotel Fort Lauderdale
2670 East Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
- THE VICTORIA PARK HOTEL
855 NE 20th Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
- Sonesta Hotel Fort Lauderdale
999 Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
- Conrad Fort Lauderdale
551 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Post-Surgery Recovery Homes:
CRS Plastic Surgery is not affiliated with any recovery houses. Recovery houses are often not approved by the Florida Health Department, the Board of Medicine, or any other governing body in Florida. If you are considering a post-surgical recovery house, CRS Plastic Surgery encourages you to do thorough research for a recovery house that fits your needs and is reputable.