Back in the summer we broke down the difference between the neuromodulators and dermal fillers we offer at our CRS MedSpa. The question now is — do you have some lines, creases, or areas of volume loss on your mid and lower face that you’d like to do something about before your family Christmas Eve dinner? If so, at CRS, we’re big fans of Restylane. So, in this final blog of a year to forget, let’s help you forget some of those lines with a Restylane filler.
You may not know this, but Restylane® was the original dermal filler, first approved by the FDA for use in the U.S. in 2006. Along with Juvéderm®, Restylane® is one of the world’s most popular fillers. And, like Juvéderm®, the Restylane® line keeps expanding.
At Cosmetic and Reconstructive Specialists of Florida we offer the entire Restylane® filler line for our patients from across South Florida.
A “natural” filler
If you’re reading our CRS blog, you surely have heard of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for plumping and firming the skin. It does this by binding with nearby water molecules. Because it is made from hyaluronic acid, Restylane® (and Juvéderm) is designated as a “natural” filler. Other fillers such as Sculptra are “synthetic” fillers.
Here are the various Restylane® fillers
The Restylane® line has continued to expand, with different fillers targeted to different specific issues with facial volume.
- Restylane® — This was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler, and it’s still very popular across the globe. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane-L® — Restylane-L is basically Restylane® with Lidocaine added for comfort.
- Restylane® Silk — Restylane® Silk is an alternative to Juvéderm Volbella. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane® Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. It is an alternative to Juvéderm Voluma. Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane® Refyne —Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This new addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane® Defyne
Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
Interested in replacing some lost volume or filling a crease or two on your face? Give us a call at CRS, (954) 533-8029. Our CRS MedSpa can erase a line or add some volume just in time for your holiday get togethers, even if this year they are socially distant.